How is my session scheduled when the baby’s arrival is unpredictable?
- I put your DUE DATE on my calendar. When you get updates from OB or go into labor, PLEASE notify me. I love it when people put me on their “important people to notify” list.
- Basically, I need to know that you had your baby BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE HOSPITAL!
- Newborn sessions are scheduled during the week based on my availability that week. We typically schedule the sessions around 9:30 am, as babies tend to do better in the mornings. Newborn sessions will not be scheduled during the evenings or on weekends.
When is my session held?
- Once I know baby’s birthday, I schedule your newborn session. I will schedule this session on a weekday about 5-10 days after baby is born.
What do I wear to the Newborn Session?
- Simple, classic and timeless.
- For moms, I suggest a cream, black, tan, or a simple LIGHT color tank top/simple t-shirt.
- For Dad, the same —- a simple, plain t-shirt free of logos, designs, etc. It just needs to coordinate with what you are wearing.
- Here is a Pinterest Board for some inspiration on what I feel works best.
Do I need to bring any props/accessories?
- I have an entire room full of props/accessories to customize your session. Please don’t feel like you have to purchase anything additional.
- When you book, you will be able to let me know your preferences and we will work together to tie together your session perfectly.
- Please do not worry if your baby “has an accident” on my props – I wash everything after each session regardless and I buy only washable items (or it gets tossed)! NO WORRIES!
- *If you have ONE OR TWO special heirloom items you may want to incorporate, please feel free to being those – let me know ahead of time if it’s something unique so I can think of a plan for tying it in to the session.*
What should I bring?
- If you are comfortable, please bring A PACIFIER !!! This can be essential to the session!!
- Extra change of clothes for Mom and Dad in case an “accident” occurs while shooting.
Where is the session:
- My Studio — 16000 Inverrary Lane, Bloomington IL 61705
- Sessions last about 3 hours unless otherwise discussed.
Can the photos include the baby and older siblings?
- If you purchased the full newborn session, the answer to this question is YES! One of my favorite things to do is sibling shots. Even if the siblings are young it is still possible to get some awesome images.
- I have lots of tricks and different ways to make it happen but little ones are unpredictable and you never know how it’ll go.
- I often do these at the beginning of the session and kindly ask that, if it is possible, they can have a ride to leave once we are finished with the sibling/family portion. They tend to get bored sitting around waiting.
When do we pay you?
- You will need to pay me in full around your due date or prior to your session.
I accept online payment, cash, check and PayPal. Whatever is most convenient for you.
When and how will I receive my images?
- Turn around time for photos: 2-3 weeks is typical, but during the fall, turn around time my look like 3-4 weeks depending on my workload.
- Your images are delivered in an online personal gallery to the email address I have on file for you.
- A print release will be automatically delivered to your email address once your images are downloaded. This should accompany you to any local store where you will be picking up your prints.
Can I get actual prints from you?
- Of course you can and it is something that I recommend. This is especially true if you are wanting large size prints. You will definitely notice a difference in quality between what you receive from me and what you will receive from a big box store.
- Feel free to take photos with your cell phones, videos, etc. Please share them with me if you do. I love to have behind the scenes photos/videos!
- Relax. A lot of people fall asleep during their session – don’t be afraid to do that!!
- If you have a baby boy and you are choosing to circumcise him, it’s best to allow the circumcision to heal at least 2-3 days for his comfort.
Gallery Turn Around Time:
- You will receive an online proofing gallery within 3 weeks of the session date.
- Can’t wait to see your images or you have an important event and need them back? Rush orders are an additional $200 and guarantee your proofs within 7 days. If you order any prints and need a rush on those, an additional fee will be charged and cost is dependent on your order.
My number is 217-549-1737. Feel free to call or text anytime!!!
>>>>>> P.S. I have COFFEE!!!! <<<<<<
*I have a Keurig and you are more than welcome to help yourself!